Names for Boxer Dogs
Animal file: Boxer
Have you decided to adopt a dog? You must already know that it will be a great responsibility, although it's also true that the emotional bond we can create with them is truly extraordinary and will make everything worth it.
Welcoming a dog into our home requires to have certain things at hand. One of them, of course, is their name. It's very important to choose a name soon, since it is a key element in their training.
One of the factors that will help you decide on a name for a dog is their appearance, which is marked by their breed. In this AnimalWised article we'll show you the best names for boxer dogs.
Traits of Boxer dogs
If you've lived with a Boxer dog you must be perfectly aware that their appearance has nothing to do with their friendly personality. Therefore, you can focus both on their look and their character to choose the name that best fits your pet.
If your new pet will be your first experience with a Boxer dog, these are the traits you should be familiar with:
- Boxer dogs have very potent muscles; in the past, they were used to hunt bears and rescue soldiers. We can safely say Boxers are strong dogs.
- They are a medium-large breed, and their average weight is between 25 and 35 kilograms (55 to 77 pounds).
- Boxers need to exercise regularly and intensely, especially when they're young. Their owner should be an active person.
- Their coat can vary between a single shade and brindle - that is, tiger-striped - although they usually have black or white spots. We can also find white Boxer dogs, although they are not recognized by the Kennel Club.
- Boxers are very playful and cheerful; so much so, they can be hyperactive at times. Even as adults, Boxers still act like friendly puppies.
- This breed is usually very friendly with children, although they can be rough players. However, they tolerate small children and wouldn't hurt them on purpose.
- Boxer dogs are friendly and fast learners. However, there might be territorial issues with males, so proper training and socialization are very important since they are puppies.
How to choose a good name for a dog
In order to pick the right name for your Boxer dog you can take inspiration from their appearance, a particular physical trait or behavior. However, you must remember that a pet's name is the most basic tool to begin the training. If you want to make your dog's learning easier, there are some factors you should take into account:
- A dog's name shouldn't be too long - more than 3 syllables - nor too short - a single syllable.
- The name also shouldn't sound too similar to a basic order or common word. For instance, Mo can be too close to "no", which can be very confusing for our dog.
Names for female Boxer dogs
Names for male Boxer dogs
More about Boxer dogs
If you really want to adopt a Boxer dog and make the most of your relationship and their incomparable company, stay with us at AnimalWised. We have the best guides on how to care for Boxer dogs, including:
- When to bathe a Boxer puppy for the first time
- How much and how often should I feed my dog
- Types of dog fur and how to care for them
- Guanche names for dogs
As always, if you have more ideas for names for Boxer dogs, please tell us in the comments section and help other readers.
If you want to read similar articles to Names for Boxer Dogs, we recommend you visit our Names category.