Costumes for Guinea Pigs
Who hasn't thought how fun it would be to dress their pet up in a home-made costume?
- Make sure the costume does not completely cover your guinea pig's head because they are very delicate and could have difficulty breathing.
- Avoid using rubber bands to fasten your guinea pig's costume, as they tend to get tangled up with their fur and then you have to cut them out.
- If you have to paint the costume, make sure you use paint intended for pets or children so that it doesn't cause any allergic reaction or intolerance.
If you already have all the necessary materials and the guidelines are clear, don't miss this AnimalWised article on costumes for guinea pigs.
The student guinea gig
If you've never dressed up your guinea pig, you should start with something simple and dress them in something which doesn't cover them up much such as this simple student costume.
To make this homemade costume you will need:
- A small rodent harness.
- A mini rucksack with a print of your choice. These rucksacks are usually used as purses, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one in a local accessory shop.
Simply sew the rucksack to the top of the harness as securely as possible and make sure your guinea pig can't take the costume off, since it might get tangled.
The Thor guinea pig
If you love Viking mythology or Marvel comics and you want to try something more spectacular, try dressing your guinea pig in this Thor costume. Odin's son, the god of thunder, has never looked cuter:
- Make sure you don't cover your guinea pig's head with any part of the costume.
- You can use Velcro on both ends of the cape to fasten it to your pet's neck.
- Avoid using a round or rubber band to tie the costume, because they tend to get tangled easily.
- Use a lightweight material such as foam rubber to make Thor's hammer. You will be able to attach it to your guinea pig's red cape without it being too heavy - it's worthy!
The sushi guinea pig
On the other hand, if you are someone who likes to eat all the time, go for this sushi costume for your guinea pig. Don't give in to the temptation to eat it!
- Get an extra small pillow or cushion with an orange pattern to mimic the salmon or tuna.
- Get a wide, black elastic fabric to simulate the seaweed wrapping.
- Cut it to fit your guinea pig and tuck the small cushion inside, making sure it's not too tight.
- Place a strip of Velcro on each end of the fabric and fasten it to your pet. You can also use a safety clip to make sure your guinea pig's hair doesn't get entangled.
Photo of www.guineapighub.com
The sheep guinea pig
There's something especially adorable and funny about animals dressed as other animals. With this look you can have a guinea pig and a sheep at the same time - we know that's always been your dream.
If you want to know how to make this guinea pig-sheep, follow these steps:
- Get a piece of white cloth and wrap your guinea pig in it to get the pattern.
- Glue cotton pompoms to the fabric to simulate the wool of a sheep.
- You can also add small white and pink strips in the shape of sheep ears.
- Once you have made the costume, tie it to your guinea pig with a white cord or suitable clip, so that your guinea pig cannot remove the costume.
The royal guinea pig
If you think your pet has the elegance and grandeur of a member of the royal family, then this is the costume for you. Go for it and dress your guinea pig like a king with our royal guinea pig costume:
- You can use a Christmas hat or stocking to make the royal cloak.
- Use gold cardboard and glue some colorful beads on it to make the crown.
- Fasten the cloak and crown to your guinea pig using Velcro or thin flat rubber bands - again, not round ones.
The super guinea pig
Last but not least is the Superman costume for guinea pigs. If you're a fan of superheroes, don't miss out on this costume:
- This is the most spectacular of all costumes, so if your guinea pig is not used to being dressing up, don't try this yet.
- You can make the costume yourself or you can buy it ready made.
- You can always use your imagination and dress your guinea pig in other superhero costumes. It only takes a bit of sewing!
If you want to read similar articles to Costumes for Guinea Pigs, we recommend you visit our Accessories and cosmetics category.