4 Cupcakes (Pupcakes) Recipes for Dogs
See files for Dogs
Have you heard of pupcakes. If you have, you probably couldn't the resist the temptation to prepare them for your furry companion! Well you're lucky, AnimalWised want to share four fast, easy and tasty cupcakes recipes for dogs. Your best friend deserves a little indulgence every now and then!
Cupcakes for dogs are also an ideal way to celebrate their birthday. You can place candles on them and celebrate the day properly by providing the honoree with food they will love! Keep reading to discover 4 cupcakes (pupcakes) recipes for dogs, as well as a simple frosting to decorate them.
The first thing to always do when we prepare to cook is to wash our hands well and arrange the ingredients that we are going to use on our work space. In this way, the process will be much faster and we can check beforehand if we have everything we need. Also, it is important to know the products that we are going to use and the effects they will generate on our dog. Therefore, we will briefly review the ingredients that will be used for the dog cupcakes recipes:
- Wholegrain flour: This type of flour has a greater contribution of fiber than refined flour, a fact that makes it a much more digestible product for dogs. Therefore, it is not recommended to use common flour for the preparation of homemade recipes, the ideal is always to choose wholegrain flour, regardless of the type of cereal.
- Eggs: They give the dogs proteins, vitamins, good fats and a lot of essential amino acids. Since it is not recommended to consume more than two eggs a week, we will not exceed that amount in any of our recipes.
- Peanut butter: It is an excellent choice to replace common butter, since peanut is a more natural and digestible product for dogs, provided that 100% peanut butter is used, without added salt or preservatives. If possible, make your own! It is full of proteins, vitamins and minerals like iron.
- Olive oil: This vegetable oil brings multiple benefits to dogs, among which are its anti-inflammatory properties and great amount of vitamin E, omega 3 and good fats.
- Honey: This natural product is another of the most beneficial for dogs because of the vitamins and minerals that it offers, but also for its healing, antiseptic and relaxing properties.
- Chicken: This is one of the most recommended meats to include in homemade diets for dogs, for its low fat and great amount of protein, among other benefits. We recommend you go for the breast.
- Apple: It contributes to the animal's vitamin C levels, and contains minerals like calcium and highly beneficial anti inflammatory properties that aid digestion. It is imperative to remove the seeds!
- Plantain: Rich in soluble fiber, in large amounts it can be counterproductive; however, it just helps to combat problems of constipation.
- Carrot: Undoubtedly, one of the best foods that a dog can consume, for its antioxidant, purifying, digestive properties and large amount of vitamin A.
- Oatmeal: Natural source of vitamins B5 and B9, iron, magnesium, zinc, biotin and fiber, so it favors the state of the skin and hair of the dog and increases the production of red blood cells.
- Soft cream cheese: Soft and fat-free cheese, provided the animal tolerates it without difficulty, is a product that usually pleases dogs and also provides minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates.
Other ingredients you can use
If you do not have any of the above ingredients but still interested in wanting to make some delicious pupcakes for your dog, you must know that you can substitute them without problems.
- Fruits: If you do not have an apple or banana, you can use other fruits like seedless blueberries, pear, peach or strawberry.
- Vegetables: Don't have a carrot? Don't worry! You can use squash, spinach and even crushed peas instead.
- Yogurt: Is your dog allergic to eggs? Use natural sugar-free yogurt to substitute or vegetable milk, such as rice milk, oat milk or almond milk.
- Wholegrain flour: You can use oat flour, rice flour... any type is valid provided it is wholegrain.
- Meat and fish: In case you do not have chicken in your fridge, you can use turkey, white fish without bones, salmon or tuna.
Pupcakes or cupcakes for dogs - chicken
Most dogs love everything that contains meat. If your dog relates, these chicken pupcakes will delight them! They are very easy to make, so take note of the ingredients and follow the step by step:
- 120 g wholemeal flour
- 60 g chicken breast
- 60 ml of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Peanut butter
- Boil the chicken breast, let it cool and grind in the blender. If you do not have this tool, crumble the meat as much as possible.
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the eggs. You can use hand or electric rods.
- Add the meat and continue beating.
- Finally, incorporate the flour and mix with a spatula making folding movements. If you notice that the mixture is too stiff, add a spoonful of plant milk.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Flour the molds for cupcakes, cover 3/4 parts of their capacity with the dough and bake the chicken pupcakes for 10-15 minutes, depending on the power of your oven.
- Pierce them with a wooden stick to check that they are ready and remove them.
- Once cold, you can decorate them with peanut butter and place one of your dog's favorite treats on top.
Pupcakes or cupcakes for dogs - apple and oats
These dog cupcakes are perfect for dogs whose diet is based on vitamin and fiber, since both apple and oats help to complement it perfectly.
- 2 peeled apples
- 2 eggs
- 20 ml of olive oil
- 120 g whole wheat flour (oat recommended)
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Remove seeds and core from both apples. Then, take one of them and slice, and blend the other to make a puree.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and mix with the apples, eggs and oil.
- Sieve the flour and and the baking powders.
- Stir in the oatmeal flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and flour the cupcakes.
- Cover the molds to 3/4 part capacity and bake the pupcakes for 10-15 minutes, or until ready.
- If you want, about three minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle oat flakes on top.
- Let them cool and garnish with peanut butter, cream cheese or leave them as is.
Pupcakes or cupcakes for dogs - banana and carrot
Ideal for dogs with constipation, these pupcakes are very easy and quick to prepare.
- 1 banana
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg
- 60 ml of olive oil
- 60 ml of honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- 140 g whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Grind the banana, peel and grate the carrot.
- Mix the above ingredients with the egg, oil and honey.
- Incorporate butter and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and mix with a spatula to integrate by making folding movements.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and fill the molds to 3/4 part of their capacity.
- Bake the dog cupcakes for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
- Garnish with peanut butter or cream cheese, and a slice of banana or their favorite treat.
Cupcakes for dogs - peanut butter
If the previous recipes have seemed a bit complicated or require ingredients that don't please your dog, these cupcakes are ideal! Simple, fast and delicious, perfect to reward your pup.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 120 g of wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 80 ml of olive oil
- 80 ml of vegetable milk
- In a bowl, beat the egg with the butter and add the honey.
- Add the oil and continue beating.
- Incorporate the milk and, finally, the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and distribute the mixture in floured molds, filling 3/4 of their capacity.
- Bake the dog cupcakes for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Let them cool and decorate with peanut butter or cream cheese.
Cheese frosting to decorate dog cupcakes
Although all previous dog cupcakes can be decorated with peanut butter or cream cheese, with the help of a pastry bag to improve the presentation, we propose a simple frosting to top your homemade cupcakes!
- 200 g soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Simply beat all the ingredients with an electric mixer until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency, without any lumps.
- Fill the pastry sleeve and decorate the pupcakes!
How to give the cupcakes to your dog?
As we have already pointed out, dog cupcakes should be a complement to your dog's diet and never be a supplement. Due to the amount of flour and cereals they provide, they should be provided from time to time, as a reward or to celebrate a birthday, for example.
On the other hand, it is imperative to observe your dog after ingestion in case of any allergic reaction, such as vomiting, itching, rash or diarrhea. In that case, you must remove what remains of the cupcake and go to the vet to determine the exact food that has generated such a reaction.
And if you want to discover any other recipes so you can offer your pet a variety of snacks, check out our ice cream recipes for dogs.
If you want to read similar articles to 4 Cupcakes (Pupcakes) Recipes for Dogs, we recommend you visit our Homemade diets category.