Names for Beagle Dogs
Animal file: Beagle
Are you thinking about adopting a dog? You must know by now that this is a great responsibility, since the owner must provide all the necessary care for their dog, covering its necessities and working for its complete physical, mental and social well-being.
There are many different dog breeds, and each dog is different; when we talk about Beagles, their irresistibly sweet face is surely the first thing that comes to mind.
If this is the dog that you're going to welcome into your home, one of the first decisions that you will face is its name. This is more difficult than it looks, which is why here at AnimalWised we want to make it easier with our list of names for Beagle dogs.
Main traits of Beagle dogs
In order to choose a name for your dog, you can take a inspiration from its most noticeable traits and characteristics. This is why we'll first expand on the main physical and behavioral traits shared by Beagle dogs:
- Beagles are medium-sized dogs, and they usually weigh around 15 kg (33 lb).
- Their expression is very friendly and sweet.
- Beagles are great with children, so they're a very good choice for a family.
- Beagles are very sociable with other dogs and animals.
- This breed was originally used for hunting small animals like hares. This is a natural instinct they have, and they are also very good at tracking by scent.
- Beagles are very intelligent and cheerful.
- They are obedient and always try to please their humans.
How to choose a good name for a Beagle
A dog's name is more important than it may seem. Teaching your new Beagle dog to recognize its name will later help us get its attention, and it will heed our call, which is of key importance in its training. If you want your dog's name to be useful for that, it's important to follow these simple tips:
- A Beagle's name shouldn't be too long - 3 syllables at the most.
- It also shouldn't be too short or monosyllabic.
- Your dog's name shouldn't be easy to mix up with any basic order, since that would confuse our dog. "Spot" is a very common name, but it sounds too similar to "Stop".
Names for female Beagle dogs
You can choose names that remind you of a Beagle's coloring, common women's names - they're especially funny when they're really ladylike - or name them after your favorite flowers, characters or celebrities.
- Bessie - Queen Elizabeth I had Beagles!
- Daisy - Most popular Beagle name in America.
Names for male Beagle dogs
Take a look at famous Beagles, as well as to the personality of the dog himself.
- Darwin - He travelled the world on a ship called Beagle, after all.
- Opie - Garfield's friend was a Beagle!
- Snoopy - The most famous Beagle of all times.
If you haven't found the name that you were looking for, take a look at our list of mythological names for dogs - you'll find the best one for your Beagle!
If you want to read similar articles to Names for Beagle Dogs, we recommend you visit our Names category.