Names of Famous Parrots
Have you recently adopted a parrot and you're thinking of what to name them? In this AnimalWised article, we're going to give you some ideas of famous parrot names. We'll go through celebrity parrots and even fictional parrots in movies, series and even books.
Keep reading to find the best names of famous parrots!
Alex, the talking parrot
All parrots can talk, but not as Alex did. Alex was an African grey parrot that surprised his caretakers and the world because he was able to identify and understand up to 150 words, distinguish colors and shapes and differentiating objects of all kinds.
Was it an isolated case? Was he more intelligent than other parrots? According to different studies, animal psychologist Irene Pepperberg's parrot had the best possible training, which made him able to get such communicative skills. He died at age 30 in 2007, and his last recorded words were "You be good, see you tomorrow. I love you."
Here you can learn how to teach your parrot to talk.
Sarah, the Facebook parrot
Do you know many parrots with a Facebook account? The answer is probably “none”.
However, Sarah, a parrot that lives in the National Parrot Sanctuary in the UK, had lots of fans on her page. The organization takes in abandoned parrots and gives advice to parrot owners across the country.
Her carers thought that Sarah, the blue and yellow macaw, was so beautiful that she deserved to be seen by all Internet users. For some years, her account was hugely active, with many uploaded pictures and fans following every update. However, it must have been closed down recently.
Snowball, the dancing parrot
If Sarah was the Facebook parrot queen, Snowball rules over Youtube. This cockatoo became famous thanks to his spectacular dancing on viral videos.
According to different studies, cockatoos have a great skill to follow a beat, and they're skilled enough to move to the music. There are plenty of videos online to prove this. Here is a famous video of Snowball dancing to music!
Names of other famous parrots
We could be talking about famous parrots all day long, and still we would have to leave some out. However, here are 7 more famous parrots:
- Einstein: He can mimic the sound of lightsabers. You can see him in action here.
- Paulie: The protagonist of one of the few films about parrots; she speaks perfectly and fluidly.
- Fred: Another TV parrot who appeared in the old ABC series Tony Baretta. Probably one of the richest parrots ever, since his show was a huge success.
- Gerald: Protagonist of Next, a novel by Michael Crichton. He was an African parrot who helped his friend, a monkey, with his math homework.
- Fawkes: Alright, Albus Dumbledore's pet is a phoenix - but a red parrot will do for us muggles.
- Poll:Pet parrot to US president Andrew Jackson. He spoke both Spanish and English.
- Charlie: Winston Churchill's parrot. It's said he knew all possible offensive nicknames against Hitler and the Nazis.
Have we forgotten about your favorite famous parrot? Let us know in the comments section! And if you're looking for more names, take a look at our list of 50 unique names for parrots.
Names of famous parrots in movies or series
Haven't found the right name yet? Here's a list of famous fictional parrots in movies or series:
- Lago - Aladdin
- Polly - The Scary Movie II
- Captain Flint - Treasure Island
- Blu - Rio
- Zazu - The Lion King
- Paulie - Paulie
- Short Tom - Peter Pan
- Grand Macaw - Elena of Avalor
- Skully - Jake and the Neverland Pirates
- José Carioca - José Carioca
- Ignatius - Talespin
- Winger - Jake and the Neverland Pirates
- Zico and Zeka - José Carioca
- Fritz - Enchanted Tiki Room
- Salty - Miss Adventure Falls
- Micheal - Enchanted Tiki Room
If you want to read similar articles to Names of Famous Parrots, we recommend you visit our Names category.