Names for White Dogs - Male and Female Ideas
See files for Dogs
Have you ever thought about adopting a white dog? The color white has been associated with purity and innocence for millennia, two of a dog's most notable characteristics. This is one of the many reasons guardians seek out white dogs to adopt. This certainly doesn't mean dogs of any color can't be sweet and adorable, it is just a preference. It should be noted, however, that dogs with a white coat will need extra care to keep their fur clean and shiny as it is prone to staining.
If you are thinking of adopting a white dog, then there are plenty of names you can choose which have nothing to do with their color. At the same time, this AnimalWised list of names for white dogs with both male and female ideas can also make use of this particular look to get inspired.
Tips for choosing a name for your white dog
Choosing a name for a dog of any color can be difficult and it is no different when choosing a name for a white dog. It is a name we will be using for the rest of their lives and will be a reference for your memories together long after they go. We take time choosing something special because they are very special to us. This is why we have some tips and ideas to help you choose the right one:
- Choose a short name: dogs have trouble recognizing long names, so ideally something with one or two syllables will be ideal. You can give them a longer full name for fun, but call then by a short nickname, as long as they are able to recognize it.
- Preferred vowels: the vowel sounds ‘a’, ‘e’ and ‘o’ have been shown to be easier for a dog to respond to these vowel sounds, so ideally choose a white dog name which uses them.
- Try to be original: a unique and characteristic name for your white dog will is something to enjoy and it shows we are giving them the care and attention they deserve.
- Avoid common words: if you give your dog a name which is the same or very similar to something which is used in the home all the time, it can confuse them. If you give them the same name as a friend of yours or even a commonly used object at home, they may think they are being called when they are not.
- Make it easy to pronounce: if you choose a name which is difficult for your or the rest of your family to pronounce, then it can make it more difficult for the dog to recognize.
- Make it personal: whether chill or boisterous, all dogs have a particular personality. Get to know it a little bit and then decide on a name which matches.
- Use your interests: if you are passionate about something in your life, such as movies, sports or history, you can use this as a starting off point to choose a name you will like.
These tips and suggestions will help you come up with the right name for your white dog. However, if you still need a little inspiration, then keep reading for more ideas for the best white dog names.
Names for white male dogs
If you have adopted a male white dog and want to choose the best name for him, there are almost endless possibilities. You can choose to look for a name related to the color of their coat, but of course this is not necessary. You can even come up with with something esoteric which not many people will get, but if it's unique to you that's good enough. Here are some ideas for white male dog names:
Once you have selected the right name, you will need to take some steps to help your dog associate it with themselves. You will need to start using it to reference them to their face and when they start to call when it is said, you can reward them with a treat or some other type of positive reinforcement.
Names for white dogs
Have you adopted a female white dog? Choosing girl dog names is the same process, but you might want to think of something particularly feminine. Equally, you can give them something considered more traditionally ‘masculine’. As long as it's respectful and personal to you, it's all good. There are even many unisex names which you can use which will work for any white dog.
If you are adopting your first dog, then we want to take this opportunity to highlight the importance of sterilization, regardless of their sex. Shelters are too full with abandoned and abused dogs who were not given the right chance in life. It is very important to rehome these animals and not put any more pressure on an already strained situation. Sterilization not only avoids unwanted pregnancies, but it helps to reduce the chances of developing various health issues.
Let's get back to our suggestions with these name ideas for female white dogs:
Names for white dogs with spots
Some of the best names for dogs are based on the physical appearance of the animal. A white dog with black spots is a very common pattern on dog coats. If you have a white dog with spots of any color, then we have some suggestions below:
Names for white dogs with meanings
Many people do not choose a name simply because it sounds beautiful or original. They may attention to the meaning and importance behind the name. If this sounds like something you appreciate, then these white dog names and heir meanings might be perfect for you:
- Alba: means "white of day" and "aurora".
- Luz: means "peace", "home" or "happiness". It is ideal if your dog is calm and a homebody.
- Thais: name of Greek origin meaning "that which is beautiful".
- Alan: means "handsome" or "good looking".
- Osiris: name of Egyptian origin that means "mighty" or "manly", depending on the source.
- Matthew means "gift of God."
- Titan refers to ancient Greek deities characterized by surprising strength and abilities. It is an ideal name for a dog that stands out for its energy.
- Surya: name of Hindu origin, meaning "he who illuminates".
- Bianca of Italian origin, means "white".
- Dru: originally from Greece, means "smart", "cunning".
- Liling: name of Chinese origin, means "white jasmine".
- Corinna: means "maiden" or "pure".
- Eri: means "divine gift."
- Cynthia: means "moon."
- Kiko: Japanese name, means "illusion", "desire" and "hope".
- Takeo: Japanese name, means "fighter", "warrior".
- Agustine: name of Roman origin whose meaning is "admired", "respected" or "venerated".
- Salim: of Arab origin, means "peaceful", "serene" and "friendly".
Little white dog names
Small breed dogs are very popular, so choosing an original name for yours is an important task. We suggest the following names for small white dogs:
Names for large white dogs
If your new dog belongs to a large breed, it is possible to choose names that are more impressive or, on the contrary, refer to small things if you have a good sense of irony. The following options for large white dog names do just that:
Whit fluffy dog names
There are many breeds which are known for having fluffy fur, especially well-known are the white fluffy ones. These are breeds such as the Pomeranian or Samoyed, often resembling a polar bear. Here are some fluffy ideas to get you started:
- Bubble Gum
Names for white dogs with coffee markings
While white dogs with black spots are very popular, it is also common to see many individuals with white fur and brown markings. Here are some ideas if this is the look of dog you have adopted:
Names of funny white dogs
Choosing funny names for white dogs doesn't mean they are hilarious when you hear them. it just means they are light and don't take themselves too seriously. There will be plenty of time to experience laughs and fun with your dog once you choose the right name for them:
- Bam Bam
- Pope John Paul II (just Pope for short)
If you want to read similar articles to Names for White Dogs - Male and Female Ideas, we recommend you visit our Names category.